Friday, September 11, 2009

Apryl Corbin Libby's "Little houses made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same".


I just have to say that I loved it. I was so curious to see what you had to offer Libby, and I just have to say that this series is so funny and great! I went to the exhibit with a few people that were not art majors. It was so hilarious to hear their comments on the work! My boyfriend saw the honeycomb picture first. His reaction was priceless! He squinted at it, the had a shocked/disgusted face, then said "That is so gross and disturbing!" Then my friend JD saw the dust ball and was like, "Ew!! I would hate to live in that person's house!" I just laughed. My favorite piece was the one of the cut out shirts on the clothes line. It had a Blair Witch Project feel to it, without the corniness! I liked it because it was just so clever and homegrown, but with a little Libby quirkiness to it. The runner up would have to be the moth ball photo. It was just so cute without the quiche feel to it. It had a feeling of solitude and neglect. Poor moth ball :(.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, I made a photo of a mothball??? Which one are you talking about?
    The dust house was made from filth from my actual house, so he is right to be disgusted. That is what happens when you have dogs and hard woods and you neglect a spot under a big piece of furniture for months at a time. But it made a wonderful image if I do say so myself. Ooo, I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back...
    Thanks for coming to the show and for bringing your friends. I am interested to hear more about your interpretation of the image above. Most people look past it and don't think much about it. I think it is one that creeps up on me...I may ask you about it...
    Libby

    ReplyDelete