Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monica Garcia 1.24.10 Capturing the Essence

Howdy ho folks! I started thinking about all the stuff that I had to do this week and then I remembered about this blog assignment. It’s Sunday night and I’m in a panic because the Vikings and Saints game is in overtime and I’m on the edge of my seat! I did not get a chance to go to a gallery or show this past week due to my job (lame) . I decided to look up magazine articles online and found on that kind of spoke to me. I read an article on Apogee.com .

Noella Ballenger Wrote an article entitled “Seeing the Essence”, basically this article talks about “capturing” the essence and making a photograph worth while and amazing. This may sound silly but I feel like my photos don’t do that and that I don’t know how to do that better yet capture that essence. The article was a bit of one those beginner how to shoot articles but I think that it helped me understands that sometimes not all the times the photo needs to have a sense of discovery and mystery. The photographer needs to capture and inspire the viewer. The simplest thing and instructions that the article gave was angles and always taking the first shot that inspired you and made you stop to look at it.

Last semester towards my portfolio I felt as if I did accomplish this to some extent. I want to push myself further and really put myself out there and find a way to inspire and capture the essence so that not only I can relate to but others as well.

1 comment:

  1. Please put the article on the board for others to read or post the link. A lot of students struggle with finding "the essence", also with finding subjects that are meaningful to them so that they can make work that they can be passionate about. A good goal.

    Next time proof read once more before hitting post...there are some nearly unreadable sentences in there Monica!

    ReplyDelete