Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bianca submits Peg Fredi


Libby introduced me to this photographer. I was not able to grab larger images or her works so please look at her website for her series. http://www.pegfredi.com/


I have had the pleasure of communicating with Peg about my works in progress and consider her a photo-mentor of sorts. She is an awesome photographer that lives in Tennessee and shoots in a Southern Goth style. I only became aware of her this summer and was immediately interested in her works as they were quite similar to my own imagery style. The wild thing is that she trained as a concert pianist and then decided to go to Med school and become research chemist! THEN after she took time off to have her 4 kiddos she began looking into photography and the alternative processes. She uses her daughter in many of her images and she prints them using alternative processes. She is a professor in Nashville presently and I am so excited to get to know her. I hope to meet with her in person someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment