Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jackie Nelson Submits Cole Weston




Cole Weston comes from a family of photographers. His father is Edward Weston, his brother is Brett Weston and his son is Kim Weston. Cole's work differs greatly from the rest of his family. He focuses more on landscapes and uses color for his photographs; he is actually known as a pioneer for color photography. I am actually glad that we had to do these blogs because for some time now I thought that I only enjoyed looking at photos of landscapes, but now that I have been forced to explore other photographers I have found that they are no longer interesting for me. So, what I'm getting at is that Weston's photos no longer inspire me. The color is great and these locations look amazing but I do not find anything creative or original about these photos. However, I do enjoy some of the textures he has photographed.

http://www.edward-weston.com/cole_weston.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment