Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ryan Kirby submits Carolyn Guild









My recent printing issues made me want to go and seek out black and white photos that I know would give headaches (just to see what’s out there). I came across a photographer by the name of Carolyn Guild. She is primarily a landscape photographer who shoots isolated and “evocative” places. These photos do not speak to me, and I find that to be their biggest strength: peace. One of her series was named Photography in High Places and it featured snowy landscapes mountains. I was particularly “drawn” to these because of how white each photo was. I know that I have trouble with balance in my printing, but I could not even begin to imagine how much knowledge one must have of the printing system to master photos like that.



http://www.carolynguild.com/Carolyn_Guild_Photography/Photography_in_High_Places.html


No comments:

Post a Comment