Friday, August 6, 2010

Susan Ranjel submits Gregory Crewdson



An untitled staged photograph from the book Twilight.


American artist Gregory Crewdson creates scenes for his photos, but I found it interesting that he is so involved in the staging that an article in Time explained,
"photographers who make staged images have virtually become directors" and "like a good director, he doesn't even always get behind the camera himself. He's directing--somebody else can click the shutter." I can definitely go for that. It is a lot of work to set up a scene. Isn't art all about the idea and vision anyway? The labor is optional I like to think... even though it is not my reality. Love the color and light flowing through the room, and I'm sure he used a fog machine.


Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1592850,00.html#ixzz0vopxtwJ8

No comments:

Post a Comment