Thursday, April 21, 2011

Salina Ellis presents Lucy Puls




I might have a new favorite artist. The tree hugger in me is drawn to Lucy because her series Ad Hunc Locum concerns itself with what we leave behind as a capitalist culture. To further the concept she uses discarded items in her series. She is mainly a sculpture artist, but she incorporates photography into a majority of her pieces.

A series exhibited last fall, Repossessed: Brief Madness, juxtaposes images of forclosed homes with household detritus - things like electric sockets, door locks, kitchen sinks.

I love her incorporation of the physical relics with the pictoral image. I think it is very smart and the manner in which she integrates the two is seamless.

I included a picture of the artist wearing a beard created by one of her students, she teaches in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment