Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Raymundo Torres presents Takashi Yasumura

I am quite interested in the dynamical conversation between objects around the house hold and how their oddities separate and joins them.
Also, the simple lines and shapes that are created with the decoration are attractive to me they lure me into a peaceful place, calm and tranquil.

This work aims to express doubts about the quality of "everyday life. "Ordinary scenes, such as familiar places in the house, and the surroundings which we usually don't pay attention to, are no longer familiar sights when presented in photographs. I understand that the quality of everyday life is gone just like an illusion there. The quality I normally notice disappears in the detached photographic time frame, and that very disappearance surfaces a questionable quality of "everyday life" in my mind. I believe that photography is a means to reveal what we do not usually recognize. When I visit people, I wonder why what looks unusual to me are taken for granted as their daily affairs. What are accepted as daily practices among family members often look strange or funny to other people. Through this work, I would like to realize that the quality of "everyday life" in to me is make-believe." Canon -
With texts by Martin Jaeggi and Shino Kuraishi.

http://takashiyasumura.com/site/Takashi_Yasumura.html

No comments:

Post a Comment