Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rebecca Villarreal presents Guy Gagnon






Guy Gangnon is a Canadian photographer, who in all realities just discovered a love for photography in the last 10 years. I found him in one of the Photographer's forum magazine and the one picture that he chose from his portfolio really caught my eye enough to look up his work. At first I was a little disappointed because some of the first images I saw were his portraits which were a little commercial and not really what I was expecting from the photo in the magazine. But the further I clicked around on his website the better the work got...to clarify his work is good but the more you click around the more you find his fine art photography. His landscapes are gorgeous and for a minute I thought most of them were double exposures, it turns out many of them are reflections in water that the focus is really crisp. Another thing to make note of are his skies all of them have a cloud in them (a rule if you ever took Larry's basic class he drills into you) and they have contrast to them. I don't know how to describe it other than awesome and if you are into Landscape photography he's someone you should look at. I will say that for some he maybe a little to contrasty but I honestly don't have a problem with it, all his darks still have texture and the same with his light areas.

As a photographer he seems interested in exploring many different styles of photography, though he says on his website that urban, architecture, and macro photography are his main interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment