Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brianna Cristiano submits Jennings sheffield

http://www.jenningssheffield.com/video-projected-on-right-wall-of-installation.html

Jennings has these videos which I got to see during SPE that really inspired my work for my final.
Her videos are about her epileptic seizures and how she feels when she experiences one. She uses animation of her brain scans for one side of the wall and the other is a mixture of sounds and visuals she gets while having the seizure. It makes the viewer very uncomfortable after watching for a few seconds. I think she is successful with her work because it conveys the emotion and entrapment felt by her. My final I wanted to show what it was like during my panic attacks so her videos really gave me the idea of completely consuming the audience with that unsettling feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment