Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kat Post #6

Okay, a different final project idea. I would photograph people in their homes where they like to sit. The way that people arrange their furniture and interact with their space speaks to their personality. I'm hoping to photograph families and then write on the photograph about how their spacial arrangement in relationship to each other  describes their family dynamic. When I say 'family' I am not only speaking to the traditional nuclear family. For example, I live with roommates and I consider those girls to be one of my families. I also have my immediate family (mom, dad, sister) and extended family (grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins). All of these people I consider to be my family, but the way I interact with each family group is different.
The images would speak to the concept of how a family is defined and that not all familial interactions are the same or even pleasant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment