Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ruth Olivares Submitts Vik Muniz


I am basically reiterating what I posted in #9:
I watched VIK MUNIZ'S documentary called WASTELAND on NETFLIX. He photographs people who are garbage recyclers in a huge landfill called "Jardim Gramacho" in Rio de ginero, Brazil and creates art work out of recycled material using his photographs.  He takes his images and blows them up onto a studio floor and then has his workers find different shades of various objects in the landfill to create different values of the gray scale and hues. He then outlines the images and photographs the artwork. They are unbelievabel....I'm gonna try to incorporate this into my FLESHY FINAL!!!!!!!! lolol!
Here is the link to the site with the trailer to the movie:
http://auburnbutterfly.blogspot.com/2012/05/vik-muniz-waste-land.html

No comments:

Post a Comment