Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Jordan Gutierrez - Louise Bourgeois

Born in Paris, France young woman Loise Bourgeois started off as a painter. It surprised me how soon after her studies focused towards sculpture there after coming to the United States. Her medium for her sculptures were based on hard metals such as bronze and stone, which I personally find very eye-luring. From morphic shapes to abstract bodies, she compliments the human figure through innocent sexuality that makes her work famous in the 20th century. I have to be honest, I was a little caught of guard by her boldness to attack such  a concept, but it is also very admiring how she incorporates her childhood into them as well. Her work is stylized, which I don't mind. It could be just to bring her message across more from how she understood sexual relations growing up. I knew I had seen that spider before.

No comments:

Post a Comment