Thursday, August 14, 2014

James Turnley has an interesting technique for layering (chelsea post 4)


James Turnley

I am starting to use layers of images to create images or stories of moments in my life. The idea manifested whenever I was asked “WHY!?” Why do I care so much about capturing, saving and preserving these moments… It’s the impressions of these moments and people leave in my life. I literally decided to impress one exposure onto another exposure. Researching artists that use layering as well, I cam across James Turnley.

Although he photographs strangers enjoying life’s simple pleasures or classic movie scenes, he takes sequence of photos layers and blurs them to create a new perspective of the scene, in my interpretation the multiple impressions that can occur in one moment.



Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment