Friday, August 15, 2014

James Turrell




James Turrell is an American artist who is concerned with light and space.  By carefully selecting his locations for his works he creates a space that is one of a kind and draws the viewer into it’s realm like a moth to a flame. By escaping the confines of a canvas he creates a larger conversation about what art can be and do for the audience. James Turrell is also a landscape artist that transform a natural environment into something other that what it once was. I like the idea of changing your or any environment to something that you want it to be. I was fortunate enough to experience one of his space and projection works in Houston and this has impacted me greatly. In the near future I hope to apply this mediums into my own works and create a unique space for people to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment