Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nadia C Gonzales - Chuck Close - Blog 07

Chuck Close is one of my favorite artists of all time. He is an influential artist who took photo realism to a new level by creating a new technique that is original and visually pleasing. I admire that he has amazing technical skill and he expanded on that idea by doing something more than just traditional portraits. I feel like that is what makes great art stand out from the rest. My opinion on my art is that I can be too traditional and lack concept. I feel like I need to find a middle ground and mix it with new ideas and techniques. When I look at his art I feel like I definitely need to experiment more and not be scared of limitations or failure. I also feel that the scale of his paintings are part of what contributes to the "awesomeness" of his paintings. I know I need to make my art much bigger so I'm not forced to be confined to a small work space. When I receive that critique in class I automatically understood and will take that into consideration in my future pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment