Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Jill Enfield by Augustine Chavez

Photography has always fascinated me, and now, Alternative Process feels really fascinates me. Jill Enfield is a Alternative Process Photographer in New York. I do appreciate work in photography and perhaps, it can be said that a photograph needs to be "right on" in order for it to work. But what attracts me to Alternative Process is the process of making the work and I think because of the process, the process should be visible in the work. Jill Enfield allows for the process to be seen in her work and in her work, we can see that it is about the process as much as it is about the subject matter. In her work, I appreciate the subtleness of the figure in parallel with the process. I appreciate how the artists allows us to see the figure, but at the same time, if feels very abstracted and calls to question the meaning of the work.





No comments:

Post a Comment